In lieu of the opportunity in 2020 for cosplayers to strut their stuff and show their amazing handywork and creativity at the annual Cosplay Parade, we have teamed up with their event partners GoGeek Events and are thrilled to announce that our annual Cosplay Parade will be going digital.
In a first for our event, cosplayers will be able to compete for a host of great prizes and bragging rights on the virtual stage, as the Cosplay Parade goes virtual this December. Cosplayers will have the chance to compete online to a host of professional judges, as well as have their creations and characters seen by the wider Con community.
To find out more, plus how to enter, click here.
In association with GoGeek Events
We are delighted to welcome GoGeek Events as a partner to this year’s Con and host of our daily Cosplay Parade. Amaze us with your creativity and imagination in our daily adult and children competitions and celebrate the diversity and inclusion of the spectacular world of Cosplay and Costuming.
Please note, if you have entered into the Cosplay Parade for 2020, you will still be on the list for our 2021 event.
How do I enter?
Once the details have been confirmed there will be a form on this page to fill out.
Who can enter?
Anyone can enter whether they are a casual cosplayer or part of a professional cosplay group.
There will be two separate parades on each day. One for ages 12 and under and one for over 12's.
Where do the parades take place?
Guildhall Square (outside the venue) is being sectioned off for the whole of Portsmouth Comic Con. The below stage will be set up in front of the Guildhall Steps for the parade to take place on.
Portsmouth Comic Con 2019
What time will the parades take place?
The 12's and under parade takes place from 1pm.
The over 12's parade takes place 3pm.
Do I have to pay to enter?
We are happy to make the Cosplay Parade free entry this year to all participants!
Deadline for entries is the Wednesday 29th April 2021
There area a few rules that we ask people to follow so that all can enjoy this convention:
- All final decisions on costumes entering the facility shall be at the sole discretion of The Guildhall Trust.
- Nudity is not permitted; remember this is a family show.
- No offensive Cosplay. Items with swear words, anti-religious, fascist or racist images are not allowed
- No inappropriate behaviour or lewd behaviour will be tolerated.
- Your costume must not be wider than 1.2m across, longer than 1.8m , or taller than 2m
- You MUST be able to easily manoeuvre your costume over stairs, ramps and through doorways unassisted.
- You must have unobstructed vision at all times (i.e., must not need to remove a piece of your Costume in order to see).
- Armor cannot pose a threat to others by way of sharpened metal edges, spikes or bladed
- Prop weapons and prop firearms will be allowed providing they are composed of foam, plastic or cardboard only. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-coloured caps and have no working ballistics. Bladed weapons must be blunt and not made of , metal, wood or fiberglass
- No ceramic or Glass props
- No Laser pointers
- No firearms of any kind including air guns or cap guns.
- Any bow-type weapons must be unstrung or strung with a low-tensile thread. All prop arrows must have soft, non-metal, blunted tips made out of foam or cardboard only.
- You may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess.
- You may not use smoke effects, fire, explosives, or any other environmental hazard in any capacity.
- You may display your prop weapons only as costume pieces. Do not swing or brandish your prop in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening.
- You may pose with a prop in a brandishing manner, so long as no reasonable person would interpret for anything other than dramatic effect.
- You are responsible for any items that you bring with you to Portsmouth Comic Con.
- You are also responsible for your behaviour, any inappropriate behaviour towards PCC staff, GoGeek staff, traders, special guest or other attendees will not be tolerated and could result in you be escorted from the premises.
Will there be any prizes available?
There will be a small selection of prizes up for grabs (details tba) including tickets to concerts at Portsmouth Guildhall!
Who will be judging the parade?
A host of Guest Cosplayers will feature alongside a range of GoGeek Icons.