How do I enter?
Please use the form on this page.
Who can enter?
Anyone can enter whether they are a casual cosplayer or part of a professional cosplay group.
There will be two separate competitions on each day. One for ages 12 and under and one for over 12’s.
Will there be changing rooms?
There will be changing rooms available to entrants/ticket holders on the 3rd floor of Portsmouth Guildhall. We kindly ask that you not leave any posessions in there as we can not be held responsible for these.
Where does the Competition take place?
Guildhall Square (outside the venue) is being sectioned off for the whole of Portsmouth Comic Con. The below stage will be set up in front of the Guildhall Steps for the Competition to take place on.
What time do the competitions take place?
The 12’s and under competition takes place from 1pm.
The over 12’s competition takes place 3pm.
Do I have to pay to enter?
Please note that there is no competition entry fee provided that you enter on this page more than 48 hours in advance of the event, but you must have an entry ticket for the event.
Should you wish to enter on the day there will be a £2 entry fee, provided that there are still spaces left.
There area a few rules that we ask people to follow so that all can enjoy this convention:
- All final decisions on costumes entering the facility shall be at the sole discretion of Portsmouth Cultural Trust.
- Nudity is not permitted; remember this is a family show.
- No offensive Cosplay. Items with swear words, anti-religious, fascist or racist images are not allowed
- No inappropriate behaviour or lewd behaviour will be tolerated.
- Your costume must not be wider than 1.2m across, longer than 1.8m , or taller than 2m
- You MUST be able to easily manoeuvre your costume over stairs, ramps and through doorways unassisted.
- You must have unobstructed vision at all times (i.e., must not need to remove a piece of your Costume in order to see).
- Armor cannot pose a threat to others by way of sharpened metal edges, spikes or bladed
- Prop weapons and prop firearms will be allowed providing they are composed of foam, plastic or cardboard only. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-coloured caps and have no working ballistics. Bladed weapons must be blunt and not made of , metal, wood or fiberglass
- No ceramic or Glass props
- No Laser pointers
- No firearms of any kind including air guns or cap guns.
- Any bow-type weapons must be unstrung or strung with a low-tensile thread. All prop arrows must have soft, non-metal, blunted tips made out of foam or cardboard only.
- You may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess.
- You may not use smoke effects, fire, explosives, or any other environmental hazard in any capacity.
- You may display your prop weapons only as costume pieces. Do not swing or brandish your prop in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening.
- You may pose with a prop in a brandishing manner, so long as no reasonable person would interpret for anything other than dramatic effect.
You are responsible for any items that you bring with you to Portsmouth Comic Con. You are also responsible for your behaviour, any inappropriate behaviour towards PCC staff, traders, special guest or other attendees will not be tolerated and could result in you be escorted from the premises.
To enter the competition for free you must enter here by May 3rd 2018.
You will be able to enter on the day of the show for £2.
Will there be any prizes available?
There will be a small selection of prizes up for grabs (details tba) including tickets to concerts at Portsmouth Guildhall!